Electrolux says to make Q1 operating loss
STOCKHOLM, April 1
STOCKHOLM, April 1 (Reuters) - World number two home appliances maker Electrolux (ELUXb.ST) said on Tuesday it would make an operating loss in the first quarter, but stood by its full-year 2008 forecast of earnings in line with last year.
"As a consequence of the initially weak trend of the markets in North America and Europe as well as a number of negative non-recurring items, as previously announced, we expect that operating income for the first quarter of 2008 will be somewhat negative," the firm said in a statement.
(Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |