Chile sees Latam telco growth at 10 pct/yr
SANTIAGO (Reuters) - Latin America's telecommunications industry will likely grow around 10 percent a year on average over the next decade due to excess capacity and ample unsatisfied demand, Chile's telecommunications undersecretary said on Wednesday.
"In Latin America we have a great deal of space for telecommunications to keep growing at a substantial rate," Pablo Bello told the Reuters Latin America Investment Summit in Chile.
"I think we are going to have growth rates of over 10 percent in the sector over the next 10 years."
(Reporting by Ignacio Badal, Writing by Simon Gardner; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Nine-month-old baby may have been cured of HIV, U.S. scientists say
- Exclusive: Russia wants IMF to move ahead on reforms without U.S. - sources