Yahoo not opposed to Microsoft deal -source
NEW YORK, April 6
NEW YORK, April 6 (Reuters) - Yahoo (YHOO.O) is not opposed to a deal with Microsoft (MSFT.O) but Microsoft should pay more than $31 a share if it wants to buy the company, Yahoo plans to say in a letter to Microsoft, a person familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
In the letter to be sent on Monday, Yahoo is also expected to reject Microsoft's suggestion that its business is deteriorating, the person said.
Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer in a letter to Yahoo's board on Saturday threatened to lower his company's bid and mount a proxy campaign if the Internet company does not agree to a deal in the next three weeks. (Editing by Jan Dahinten)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South