Paladin says contraceptive pill nears OTC status
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 14
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 14 (Reuters) - Paladin Labs Inc's PLB.TO Plan B morning-after contraceptive pill is a step closer to winning full over-the-counter status in Canada, the drug maker said on Monday.
The pill to prevent unintended pregnancies now has behind-the-counter status, meaning it is available without a doctor's prescription, but a customer still has to consult with the pharmacist to buy it.
An advisory panel of the the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities, an umbrella group for Canada's provincial regulators, has recommended that women be allowed to buy Plan B directly from pharmacy shelves, Paladin said. (Reporting Allan Dowd, Editing Rob Wilson)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions