Mattel says 1st-quarter US Barbie sales off 12 pct
NEW YORK, April 21
NEW YORK, April 21 (Reuters) - Mattel Inc MAT.N, the largest U.S. toy maker, said on Monday that U.S. Barbie doll sales fell 12 percent during the first quarter.
Barbie has been one of Mattel's core brands since coming to market in 1959. The toy maker said worldwide gross sales of the brand were flat. (Reporting by Justin Grant, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'