Ambac posts first-quarter loss
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ambac Financial Group Inc ABK.N, a bond insurer that struggled to raise capital earlier this year, posted a first-quarter loss on Wednesday after losses of $1.73 billion on credit derivative exposures.
The New York-based company posted a loss of $1.66 billion, or $11.69 a share, compared with year-earlier net income of $213.3 million, or $2.02 a share.
(Reporting by Christopher Kaufman and Dan Wilchins; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief