The real Steve Ballmer has a golfclub on Facebook
LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE, Belgium (Reuters) - Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer has a page on Facebook, but because there are so many Steve Ballmers he is hard to find.
"If you actually look there's about 10 Steve Ballmers and I'm only one of them," Ballmer told reporters on Thursday.
"I'm the one who actually has a picture that looks like me on it and I'll tell you a hint -- I'm hitting a golf ball. That's the real Steve Ballmer."
Microsoft owns a 1.6 percent stake in the social networking Web site, which it acquired for $240 million.
He said it was hard for him to respond to possible "friends" on the site.
"I will tell you, it's hard to keep up. I get many 'friends' requests from people I don't know. So I'm a little backlogged."
(Reporting by David Lawsky, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients