India Reliance Energy is now Reliance Infrastructure
MUMBAI, April 28
MUMBAI, April 28 (Reuters) - India's Reliance Energy Ltd RLEN.BO said on Monday it had changed its name to Reliance Infrastructure Ltd with immediate effect.
The company has, either directly or through its subsidiaries, been engaged in a number of projects that are related not just to power generation, transmission and distribution, but also to highways, bridges, metro rail, airports and real estate, it said.
"The new name appropriately reflects the current nature of businesses (and) redefines the company's focus," it said.
Reliance Energy, part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, earlier reported quarterly net profit rose by nearly a third. For details, see [ID:nBOM184898] (Reporting by Rina Chandran; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea