"Witch Mountain" kids return for remake
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Kim Richards and Ike Eisenmann, the original kid stars of Disney's 1970s "Witch Mountain" movies, are coming back for the studio's re-imagining of the adventure tales.
"Race to Witch Mountain," starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Carla Gugino, is currently in production.
In a nod to the original movies, Eisenmann plays a sheriff and Richards a waitress at a roadhouse called Ray's in a town called Stony Creek.
They help a Las Vegas cabbie (Johnson) and his two paranormal-powered passengers (AnnaSophia Robb and Alexander Ludwig), who are on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities.
Richards appeared in "Black Snake Moan," and Eisenmann did voice work for "Howl's Moving Castle."
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home