Angela Bassett makes rounds for last "ER" shift
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "ER" is adding star power for its final season. Angela Bassett will join the cast of the medical drama as a regular in the fall, the first full-time series gig for the Oscar-nominated star of "What's Love Got to Do With It."
Bassett will play a troubled physician who's coming back to Chicago after a few years in Indonesia doing tsunami relief. Her arrival in the second episode promises to shake County General's ER to the core.
In addition to Bassett, original cast member Noah Wyle will join "ER" for its 15th and final season. As previously announced, he will guest star in at least four of the show's planned 19 episodes. Wyle left the show at the end of Season 11 in 2005.
Bassett, who starred in Tyler Perry's "Meet the Browns," recently wrapped the B.I.G. biopic "Notorious."
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow