- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Microsoft withdraws offer for Yahoo -source
SAN FRANCISCO |
SAN FRANCISCO May 3 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) has withdrawn its offer for Yahoo Inc (YHOO.O) and does not plan to go hostile, a person familiar with Microsoft's thinking said on Saturday.
Microsoft raised its offer by $5 billion to $33 a share, but Yahoo wanted $37 a share, this person said.
Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer has sent a letter to Yahoo Chief Executive Jerry Yang withdrawing the offer, the person said. (Editing by Todd Eastham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this