Microsoft withdraws offer for Yahoo -source
SAN FRANCISCO May 3 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) has withdrawn its offer for Yahoo Inc (YHOO.O) and does not plan to go hostile, a person familiar with Microsoft's thinking said on Saturday.
Microsoft raised its offer by $5 billion to $33 a share, but Yahoo wanted $37 a share, this person said.
Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer has sent a letter to Yahoo Chief Executive Jerry Yang withdrawing the offer, the person said. (Editing by Todd Eastham)
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage