- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Take-Two's Grand Theft Auto 4 sales top $500 million
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Software publisher Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (TTWO.O) on Wednesday said it sold some 6 million units of its criminal action game "Grand Theft Auto 4" in its first week, with estimated retail sales exceeding $500 million.
The company, which is facing a takeover offer from rival Electronic Arts Inc ERTS.O, said it sold about 3.6 million units globally at its debut on April 29.
Retail chains such as GameStop Corp (GME.N) and Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N) took advance orders for weeks of the game, which has been lavished with near-universal accolades.
(Reporting by Franklin Paul; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this