Britney Spears could visit "Mother" a third time
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Three times may be the charm for Britney Spears and "How I Met Your Mother."
With Spears making her second guest appearance on the abruptly popular CBS comedy, the show's co-creator, Craig Thomas, tells THR.com that Monday's episode was written to leave the door open for the pop singer to make a return appearance next season.
"She was better than the first time, and I think the fans will enjoy it because her return answers a larger mystery set up earlier in the series," Thomas said. "So there's a good plot reason why she's there. And when people watch Britney's second appearance on the show they'll see that the door is still open for her to come back."
Spears' first visit resulted in "Mother" hitting its highest rating ever. The show has since maintained an elevated audience level compared to last year. Once considered on the bubble for a fall renewal, the critically acclaimed comedy is now considered a lock to return next season.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea