Bravo tops survey of gay-friendly companies
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC Universal's Bravo emerged as the most "gay-friendly" company, according to a survey from Prime Access and PlanetOut.
Four of the five top-ranked brands were from the media and technology sectors. Following Bravo were Apple, Showtime and
Fifty-two percent of gay consumers polled recognized Bravo, which has aired many series featuring gay personalities, including "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and "Working Out," as gay-friendly. Bravo also was perceived as highly gay-friendly among straight consumers (28 percent).
Among gay consumers, Apple finished second with a 39 percent score, followed by Showtime (35 percent) and HBO (34 percent). The list was rounded about by nonmedia companies including Absolut, Levi's and American Express.
None of the companies perceived as least gay-friendly was in the media and technology sector. Top finishers on that list included BP, Gilette, Cadillac and Kraft.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb