Herzog and Lynch team for murder drama
CANNES (Hollywood Reporter) - Directors Werner Herzog and David Lynch are teaming for "My Son, My Son," a horror-tinged murder drama based on a true story.
Herzog and his longtime assistant director Herbert Golder co-wrote "Son," loosely based on the true story of a San Diego man who acts out a Sophocles play in his mind and kills his mother with a sword.
The low-budget feature will flash back and forth from the murder scene to the disturbed man's story. A guerrilla-style digital video shoot on location is tentatively set for March. Lynch is executive producing the project.
Herzog is having a busy year. He was set to film "Son" in the summer but postponed it to direct Nicolas Cage in a remake of Abel Ferrara's 1992 cop drama "Bad Lieutenant" starting in July. In the fall, he will shoot the Victorian-era drama "The Piano Tuner" for Focus Features.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter