T. Boone Pickens orders 667 GE wind turbines: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - T. Boone Pickens' Mesa Power LLP placed a $2 billion order for 667 wind turbines with General Electric to build the world's largest wind farm in the Texas Panhandle, the Dallas Morning News reported Thursday.
A spokesman for Mesa Power declined to comment on the article.
Mesa Power plans to announce the deal later Thursday, according to the newspaper.
The wind farm would produce 1,000 megawatts of electricity, enough to power about 300,000 homes.
By 2014, Pickens has said he wants to have 4,000 MW of wind power.
(Reporting by Scott DiSavino; Editing by John Picinich)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea