EU says to study Microsoft's open-source step
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The EU executive said on Thursday it would investigate if steps announced by Microsoft (MSFT.O) to make it easier for users of an open-source rival to work with Microsoft Office give consumers greater choice.
"... the Commission will investigate whether the announced support of ODF (Open Document Format) in Office leads to better interoperability and allows consumers to process and exchange their documents with the software product of their choice," it said in a statement.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist