EU says to study Microsoft's open-source step
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The EU executive said on Thursday it would investigate if steps announced by Microsoft (MSFT.O) to make it easier for users of an open-source rival to work with Microsoft Office give consumers greater choice.
"... the Commission will investigate whether the announced support of ODF (Open Document Format) in Office leads to better interoperability and allows consumers to process and exchange their documents with the software product of their choice," it said in a statement.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |