- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
EU says to study Microsoft's open-source step
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The EU executive said on Thursday it would investigate if steps announced by Microsoft (MSFT.O) to make it easier for users of an open-source rival to work with Microsoft Office give consumers greater choice.
"... the Commission will investigate whether the announced support of ODF (Open Document Format) in Office leads to better interoperability and allows consumers to process and exchange their documents with the software product of their choice," it said in a statement.
(Reporting by Huw Jones and Ingrid Melander)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this