USA renews "Law & Order: Criminal Intent"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - USA Network has renewed "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" for an eighth season.
The cable network has ordered 16 episodes of the crime saga, which spent its first six seasons on NBC before being relegated to USA last year because of low ratings. It will continue to get a second window on NBC.
"Criminal Intent" was the top drama series in basic cable primetime for the fourth quarter, more than doubling USA's audience in the 10 p.m. Thursday slot from the same period the previous year.
The series' stars, Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, Chris Noth, Julianne Nicholson and Eric Bogosian, are set to return next season. Meanwhile, the second part of the show's seventh season premieres June 8 on USA.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war