- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Aftershocks topple 420,000 houses in China
BEIJING May 27 (Reuters) - More than 420,000 houses collapsed in China's quake-hit southwest Sichuan province after two aftershocks hit the area on Tuesday afternoon, state media reported.
The aftershocks occurred in Qingchuan county, Xinhua news agency reported, citing local disaster relief headquarters. No deaths were reported.
Xinhua earlier said two aftershocks which hit Qingchuan and neighbouring Ningqiang county in Shaanxi province on Tuesday afternoon had left at least five people injured.
Hundreds of aftershocks have rattled China since a 7.9 magnitude quake a fortnight ago killed more than 67,000 people. (Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this