Abbas sees Olmert crisis hurting peace talks
RAMALLAH, West Bank May 28 (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas believes a political crisis in Israel that could unseat Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will hurt peace talks, his spokesman said on Wednesday.
"No doubt, what's happening will leave a negative impact on negotiations," Nabil Abu Rdainah said in a statement shortly after Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak called on Olmert to step aside over corruption allegations. (Reporting by Mohammed Assadi; Editing by Rebecca Harrison)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |