Abbas sees Olmert crisis hurting peace talks
RAMALLAH, West Bank May 28 (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas believes a political crisis in Israel that could unseat Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will hurt peace talks, his spokesman said on Wednesday.
"No doubt, what's happening will leave a negative impact on negotiations," Nabil Abu Rdainah said in a statement shortly after Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak called on Olmert to step aside over corruption allegations. (Reporting by Mohammed Assadi; Editing by Rebecca Harrison)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'