Investment firms win Sharper Image in bankruptcy
NEW YORK May 29 (Reuters) - A joint venture led by units of private investment firms Hilco Consumer Capital Corp and Gordon Brothers Group have won a bankruptcy auction to acquire the assets of gadget retailer Sharper Image Corp SHRPQ.PK, a lawyer for Sharper Image said on Thursday.
The firms will pay $49 million plus some contingent recovery for assets of the gadget retailer, according to Harvey Miller, an attorney with Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, who is representing the company. (Reporting by Emily Chasan; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown