Strike fears lead to "Terminator" cast change
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Bryce Dallas Howard is in negotiations to replace Charlotte Gainsbourg in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins."
Gainsbourg was originally set to play Kate Connor, the wife of human resistance hero John Connor, played by Christian Bale. The actress had to bow out because of scheduling conflicts with another film, a French comedy.
Production on the fourth entry in the "Terminator" franchise, directed by "Charlie's Angels" filmmaker McG, is already underway in New Mexico. If an actors strike were to happen after the Screen Actors Guild expires on June 30, shooting would stop and then restart at a later date, potentially butting heads with the French film.
Gainsbourg was last seen in Todd Haynes' "I'm Not There," while Howard last starred as Gwen Stacy in "Spider-Man 3."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year