Yahoo close to Google deal, sources say
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc and Google Inc are close to reaching a search advertising deal, and talks between Yahoo and Microsoft Corp about a similar deal have fallen through, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
Talks between Microsoft and Yahoo concluded after Yahoo decided to pursue a deal with Google, one of the sources said.
Yahoo also asked Microsoft if it would renew its $33-a-share takeover offer for the Internet company, but Microsoft was not interested, another source said.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |