InBev says Anheuser bid based on its current assets
NEW YORK, June 15
NEW YORK, June 15 (Reuters) - InBev INTB.BR said on Sunday that its June 11 proposal to acquire Anheuser-Busch (BUD.N) for $65 per share was made on the basis of the beer company's current assets, business and capital structure.
While media reports suggest Anheuser-Busch may have approached Grupo Modelo (GMODELOC.MX) regarding a possible transaction, InBev said "we would expect that prior to proceeding with any alternative transaction ... you would first fully explore our offer and the potential adverse consequences any such transaction could have on the ability of your shareholders to receive our premium offer." (Reporting by Nicole Maestri, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Iraqi Kurdish forces enter Syria to fight Islamic State |