Apple, others license Klausner voicemail patents
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Klausner Technology Inc said on Monday that Apple Inc (AAPL.O), eBay Inc (EBAY.O) and AT&T Inc (T.N) have agreed to license its patents on "visual voicemail" technology and settled Klausner's lawsuit against them.
Privately held Klausner was also in discussions with Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O) and Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC.N) about using the technology, which sends a visual alert to a computer or mobile phone when a user has a voice message, company founder Judah Klausner told Reuters.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement