Apple, others license Klausner voicemail patents
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Klausner Technology Inc said on Monday that Apple Inc (AAPL.O), eBay Inc (EBAY.O) and AT&T Inc (T.N) have agreed to license its patents on "visual voicemail" technology and settled Klausner's lawsuit against them.
Privately held Klausner was also in discussions with Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O) and Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC.N) about using the technology, which sends a visual alert to a computer or mobile phone when a user has a voice message, company founder Judah Klausner told Reuters.
(Reporting by Scott Hillis; Editing by Braden Reddall)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow