Yahoo introduces two new e-mail address domains
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc said it introduced two new e-mail domains on Wednesday, allowing users to select new, simpler e-mail addresses ending in ymail.com and rocketmail.com.
The current yahoo.com Web-based e-mail service has more than 260 million users worldwide, so many new users must adopt elaborate addresses because simpler ones are unavailable.
E-mail accounts on ymail.com or rocketmail.com will have the same features available with yahoo.com addresses including unlimited storage, being able to instant message from within their e-mail inbox and spam and virus protection.
"People want an e-mail address that reflects who they are, whether they are signing up for an e-mail address for the first time, or simply updating their e-mail pseudonym to reflect the stage they are at in life," Yahoo Vice President John Kremer said in a statement.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |