- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Kyrgyzstan H1 gold mine output below plan-minister
BISHKEK, July 10 |
BISHKEK, July 10 (Reuters) Kyrgyzstan's largest industrial enterprise, the Kumtor gold mine developed by Canada's Centerra (CG.TO), produced only 6 tonnes of gold in the first half of 2008, Economic Development Minister Akylbek Japarov told reporters.
This was well below the planned 8-9 tonnes.
The government and Centerra's main shareholder, Canada's Cameco (CCO.TO), are struggling to agree on a new income distribution scheme and Kyrgyz courts are reviving several lawsuits against the gold miner. (Reporting by Olga Dzyubenko; Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Peter Blackburn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this