Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" to open on Broadway in 2009
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A musical based on 1980 film "Nine to Five" will open on Broadway in 2009 with music and lyrics by country star Dolly Parton, producers said on Tuesday.
Parton, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin starred in the film about three colleagues who plot to turn the tables on their sexist, egotistical, lying boss. Parton was nominated for an Oscar for the title song "9 to 5."
"9 to 5: The Musical" includes Parton's original score as well as 20 new songs, and stars Allison Janney, Stephanie J. Block, Megan Hilty and Marc Kudisch. It is due to open on Broadway on April 23, 2009.
It will first play a six week engagement in Los Angeles in September/October this year.
(Reporting by Michelle Nichols)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |