YouTube rejects need for Mediaset legal case
LONDON, July 30
LONDON, July 30 (Reuters) - YouTube said on Wednesday it respected copyright holders and did not see any need for the legal case launched by Italian publisher Mediaset (MS.MI) against the video-sharing site and its owners.
Mediaset said on Wednesday it had filed a suit against Internet search company Google Inc (GOOG.O) and its YouTube for illegal use of its materials.
"YouTube respects copyright holders and takes copyright issues very seriously," the company said in a statement. "There is no need for legal action and all the associated costs." (Reporting by Kate Holton)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter