McCain calls on Russia to withdraw from Georgia
DES MOINES, Aug 8 (Reuters) -- Republican U.S. Presidential candidate John McCain on Friday urged Russia to immediately withdraw from Georgia and said the United States should call for an emergency United Nations session.
"Russia should immediately and unconditionally cease its military operations, withdraw all forces from the sovereign territory of Georgia," McCain told reporters in Iowa. "The U.S should immediately convene an emergency session of the U.N. security council to call on Russia to reverse course."
(Reporting by Matthew Bigg, editing by Randall Mikkelsen)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |