Russian jets targeted major oil pipeline: Georgia
TBILISI (Reuters) - Russian fighter jets targeted the major Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline which carries oil to the West from Asia but missed, Georgia's Economic Development Minister Ekaterina Sharashidze said on Saturday.
"This clearly shows that Russia has not just targeted Georgian economic outlets but international economic outlets in Georgia," she said at a news briefing.
There have been no independent verifications of Russian jets targeting the BTC pipeline.
(Reporting by Margarita Antidze, writing by James Kilner, editing by Jon Boyle)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor