Tbilisi civilian airport hit in Russian air strike
TBILISI Aug 10 (Reuters) - Tbilisi international airport was hit in a Russian air strike on Sunday, hours before the scheduled arrival of French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner, a Reuters witness and the Georgian interior ministry said.
The airport was hit 200 metres from the runway. In the same air raid, Russian jets bombed a nearby military airport and construction plant.
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds