Tbilisi civilian airport hit in Russian air strike
TBILISI Aug 10 (Reuters) - Tbilisi international airport was hit in a Russian air strike on Sunday, hours before the scheduled arrival of French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner, a Reuters witness and the Georgian interior ministry said.
The airport was hit 200 metres from the runway. In the same air raid, Russian jets bombed a nearby military airport and construction plant.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- War veteran detained by North Korea arrives in U.S. |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone