Wang, Chen extend China's winning run
BEIJING (Reuters) - Two Chinese teenagers tightened the host nation's grip on diving medals when they claimed gold in the women's synchronized 10 meter platform on Tuesday, the team's third top place in three days.
World champions Chen Ruolin and Wang Xin, who made the top ranking dive in every round, claimed victory with 363.54 points, almost 30 more than Australia's silver medalists Briony Cole and Melissa Wu.
Bronze went to Mexico's Paola Espinosa and Tatiana Ortiz, who fought back into the top three after making the weakest dives of the first two rounds.
The medal was a late birthday present for Wang who turned 16 the day before the competition. China has now claimed all three golds in this event, which was only introduced in the Sydney Olympics.
(Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South