UPDATE 1-Olympics-Wrestling-Russia's Khushtov wins 96kg gold
BEIJING Aug 14 (Reuters) - Russia's Aslanbek Khushtov won the Olympic gold medal in the 96kg greco-roman wrestling on Thursday, his country's third gold in the sport at the Beijing Olympics.
Mirko Englich of Germany won the silver. Asset Mambetov of Kazakhstan and Adam Wheeler of the United States the bronze.
Khusthov, who won the World Cup and European Championship titles this year, was way ahead on points after the first of three periods.
He turned Englich with a spectacular throw in the second to clinch the final. (Editing by Miles Evans) (For more stories visit our multimedia Beijing website here; and see our blog at blogs.reuters.com/china)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |