NBC sets "Muppets Christmas"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC is getting into the holiday spirit with "Letters to Santa -- A Muppets Christmas."
Whoopi Goldberg, "The Sopranos" alumni Tony Sirico and Steve Schirripa, "Harry Potter" regular Richard Griffiths and Madison Pettis are set to star in the special alongside Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy and the rest of the muppets gang.
"Letters" is set on Christmas Eve when Kermit and company mistakenly avert three letters en route to Santa Claus, which triggers a race against time to bring a happy Christmas to the kids whose wishes were lost in the mail.
The special will feature songs by "The Muppet Movie" songwriter Paul Williams.
It follows last year's ABC special "Elmo's Christmas Countdown," which starred the Muppets' "Sesame Street" cousins as well as Sirico, Schirripa, Ben Stiller and Alicia Keys.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow