CORRECTED - Freeport CEO says confident on DRC Tenke project
(Corrects start-up in lead to second half of 2009)
DENVER, Sept 10 (Reuters) - The chief executive of Freeport McMoran (FCX.N) said on Wednesday he was confident about a scheduled production start at the gold mining company's Tenke Fungurume project in the Democratic Republic of Congo in the second half of 2009.
"I am more confident about that now than I was several months ago because significant progress has been made," Freeport CEO Richard Adkerson told Reuters at an interview during the Denver Gold Forum.
Adkerson said he met with DRC's President Kabila last week and Kabila was very positive about the Tenke project.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software