T-Mobile to offer Android smartphone soon: sources
FRANKFURT/DUESSELDORF (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile unit is set to start selling a mobile phone based on Google Inc's Android software within weeks, according to people familiar with the matter.
"T-Mobile and Google will be making an announcement this month in New York City," two people told Reuters on Wednesday, adding Sept 23 was a likely date for the announcement.
T-Mobile declined to comment and Google was not immediately available.
(Reporting by Nicola Leske and Nikola Rotscheroth)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video