T-Mobile to offer Android smartphone soon: sources
FRANKFURT/DUESSELDORF (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile unit is set to start selling a mobile phone based on Google Inc's Android software within weeks, according to people familiar with the matter.
"T-Mobile and Google will be making an announcement this month in New York City," two people told Reuters on Wednesday, adding Sept 23 was a likely date for the announcement.
T-Mobile declined to comment and Google was not immediately available.
(Reporting by Nicola Leske and Nikola Rotscheroth)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks