DOE to deliver SPR oil to Placid Refining Co
WASHINGTON, Sept 11
WASHINGTON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department said on Thursday it will deliver 130,000 barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to Placid Refining Co.
The company requested the oil for its Port Allen refinery in Lousiana after Hurricane Gustav caused supply disruptions.
The department also will deliver an additional 250,000 barrels of emergency oil to Marathon Petroleum Corp's (MRO.N) midwest refineries along the Capline pipeline system. The department already had approved a previous request from Marathon for 250,000 barrels of SPR oil.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data