DOE to deliver SPR oil to Placid Refining Co
WASHINGTON, Sept 11
WASHINGTON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department said on Thursday it will deliver 130,000 barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to Placid Refining Co.
The company requested the oil for its Port Allen refinery in Lousiana after Hurricane Gustav caused supply disruptions.
The department also will deliver an additional 250,000 barrels of emergency oil to Marathon Petroleum Corp's (MRO.N) midwest refineries along the Capline pipeline system. The department already had approved a previous request from Marathon for 250,000 barrels of SPR oil.
(Reporting by Ayesha Rascoe; Editing by David Gregorio)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone