Nicole Kidman digs archeological adventure
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Nicole Kidman is attached to star in and produce "The Eighth Wonder," an action-adventure centering on an archeological discovery that sets off a globe-spanning race.
The script will be written for 20th Century Fox by Simon Kinberg, who pitched it to the studio.
Kidman and Kinberg met when working on "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," which the scribe wrote and the actress was to have starred in. When she dropped out because of scheduling reasons, the two teamed for an untitled spy thriller that never came to fruition. But Kidman and Kinberg looked for something to work on together, and "The Eighth Wonder" was ultimately hatched.
Kidman next stars in Fox's latest Baz Luhrmann extravaganza, "Australia," which opens November 26.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |