Hotel fires philandering male staff
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - A small hotel on Turkey's Mediterranean coast has fired all its male employees for repeatedly having affairs with foreign female guests, the manager said on Wednesday.
Pelin Yucel, manager of Image Hotel in Marmaris, said her 27-room hotel now only employs female staff. Most of the guests are British and Russian tourists, she said.
"We had been facing the same problem every year but after the last incident we decided to run the hotel by only female staff," she told Reuters by phone.
"The last straw was when I saw our bartender, who was a very decent man, walk out of the bathroom with a British tourist," Yucel was quoted in the media as saying.
Around 20 million tourists visited Turkey last year, many of them drawn by its sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
(Editing by Paul Casciato)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |