Paulson raised RTC-style concept with Congress: source
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has been shopping around a proposal to congressional lawmakers that would create an entity to deal with the bad debt, similar to what was done in the savings and loan crisis, a congressional aide said on Thursday.
"It's a modernized version of the Resolution Trust Corporation, which was used after the S&L crisis," said the aide, declining to be further identified.
(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky, editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow