Paulson raised RTC-style concept with Congress: source
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has been shopping around a proposal to congressional lawmakers that would create an entity to deal with the bad debt, similar to what was done in the savings and loan crisis, a congressional aide said on Thursday.
"It's a modernized version of the Resolution Trust Corporation, which was used after the S&L crisis," said the aide, declining to be further identified.
(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky, editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early