Bloomingdale's to expand internationally into Dubai
NEW YORK, Sept 22
NEW YORK, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Macy's Inc (M.N) said on Monday that its upscale Bloomingdale's department store chain will expand internationally and open stores in Dubai in February of 2010.
The stores will be managed and operated by Al Tayer Insignia, a company of Al Tayer Group, under a licensing agreement, Macy's said.
"This will be our company's first overseas location, and we expect to learn a great deal about how our brands translate internationally," said Terry Lundgren, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Macy's, in a statement.
Two Bloomingdale's locations -- a three-level clothing and accessories store and a one-level home store -- will anchor The Dubai Mall, which is scheduled to be completed later this year, Macy's said. (Reporting by Nicole Maestri; Editing by Derek Caney)
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park