- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
Johnny Depp dons another hat for Tim Burton
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Johnny Depp will preside over the manic tea party in Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" as the Mad Hatter.
Depp and Burton -- who first worked together in 1990's "Edward Scissorhands" and most recently collaborated on "Sweeney Todd" -- have formed one of the longest-running director-actor partnerships in modern Hollywood. When Burton committed to filming a new live-action/CG-animated version of "Alice," Depp was touted as the most likely candidate to play the Mad Hatter -- after all, having worked with Burton on "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," he's practiced in wearing a top hat.
Disney formally announced the casting Wednesday at a studio presentation.
Mia Wasikowska, the young Australian actress who scored in HBO's "In Treatment," has the film's title role.
Matt Lucas, who stars in the sketch comedy series "Little Britain USA," which debuts on HBO Sunday, is set to play the dual roles of Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this