SEPTA Rail Operators and Mechanics Compete for Top Honors in 2008 SEPTA Rail Roadeo
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
SEPTA Rail Operators and Mechanics Compete for Top Honors in 2008 SEPTA Rail Roadeo DATE: Saturday, September 27, 2008 TIME:8 a.m. PLACE: SEPTA Fern Rock Carhouse Nedro Avenue near 10th Street Philadelphia, PA DETAILS: Thirteen teams of highly skilled SEPTA rail operators and mechanics will take part in the SEPTA Rail Roadeo. The teams will be graded in several skill areas including, operating safety rules and procedures, presentation, equipment troubleshooting, and ADA compliance and customer service. The winners will represent SEPTA in the International American Public Transit Association (APTA) Rail Roadeo Competition in Chicago, Illinois on June 11-15, 2009. SEPTA placed third overall in the last competition. In addition, participants and spectators will enjoy food, music, a model train display, and games with Crime Dogs McGruff & Scruff for the kids. The SEPTA health department will also provide free health screenings including Glucose/Cholesterol and Blood Pressure testing, and the SEPTA Police Canine Unit will put on a show to thrill the audience with their skill and dexterity. CONTACT: Gary P. Fairfax, SEPTA Media Relations, +1-215-580-7842 /PRNewswire-USNewswire -- Sept. 25/ SOURCE SEPTA
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media