Jay-Z, Stargate form label, publishing company
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Hip-hop performer and entrepreneur Jay-Z and Norwegian songwriting/production duo Stargate have joined forces under the StarRoc banner, which will encompass a record label and music publishing company under Jay-Z's Roc Nation venture with Live Nation.
According to the principals, "the focus is to find new talent and develop artists through mutually beneficial global partnerships which include music distribution, publishing, touring and merchandising."
Stargate (Tor Erik Hermansen and Mikkel S. Eriksen) has been behind several big hits for artists Jay-Z nurtured while president of Def Jam, including Rihanna and Ne-Yo. The duo is currently represented on the Hot 100 singles chart by Ne-Yo's "Closer" (No. 7), Rihanna's "Take a Bow" (No. 27) and Jennifer Hudson's "Spotlight" (No. 41).
Stargate work will be heard on upcoming albums from Lindsay Lohan, Beyonce, Monica, R. Kelly and Keyshia Cole. As for Jay-Z, his new album, "Blueprint 3," is expected before year's end. It's his last release under his contract with Def Jam before he begins recording for Live Nation.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |