Hayden Panettiere's dad charged with hitting her mom
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The father of "Heroes" teen star Hayden Panettiere was charged on Thursday with assaulting his wife at their home in West Hollywood last month.
Alan Panettiere, 49, was charged with misdemeanor battery and could face up to a year in jail if convicted, Los Angeles prosecutors said.
Lesley Panettiere called authorities saying that her husband hit her on the cheek after the couple came home from a charity event hosted by their daughter on August 10, police said at the time.
The couple put on a united front after he was released from custody several hours after his arrest.
Hayden Panettiere, 19, who plays a cheerleader with healing powers on the TV drama, told reporters last month that the incident had been blown out of proportion and that her family "is wonderful -- so very happy".
Alan Panettiere is expected to make his first court appearance in October.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers released from Atlanta hospital after cleared of Ebola |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Ukraine border guards begin checks on Russian aid trucks