Berto retains WBC welterweight crown over Forbes
CARSON, California (Reuters) - Undefeated Andre Berto defended his WBC welterweight title on Saturday night with a 12-round unanimous decision over Steve Forbes.
The 25-year-old Berto, now 23-0 with 19 knockouts, consistently outpunched the clever 31-year-old Forbes in the longest fight of his career.
Berto, of Winter Haven, Florida, won two judges' cards by a 118-109 count and a third 116-111.
Forbes, of Las Vegas, Nevada, is now 33-7. In May, he also lost a 12-round unanimous decision, to Oscar De La Hoya.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll