Berto retains WBC welterweight crown over Forbes
CARSON, California (Reuters) - Undefeated Andre Berto defended his WBC welterweight title on Saturday night with a 12-round unanimous decision over Steve Forbes.
The 25-year-old Berto, now 23-0 with 19 knockouts, consistently outpunched the clever 31-year-old Forbes in the longest fight of his career.
Berto, of Winter Haven, Florida, won two judges' cards by a 118-109 count and a third 116-111.
Forbes, of Las Vegas, Nevada, is now 33-7. In May, he also lost a 12-round unanimous decision, to Oscar De La Hoya.
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory