Raiders head coach Kiffin fired
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Oakland Raiders have fired head coach Lane Kiffin after weeks of speculation over his future.
In a statement on Tuesday the club said Kiffin had been sacked. Oakland are 1-3 this year and tied for last place in the AFC West.
Rumors have swirled in the media over the past few weeks that Kiffin was about to be fired and that Raiders owner Al Davis had been interviewing prospective coaches for the head coaching job.
Kiffin led the Raiders to a 4-12 record last season. No successor was named but the Raiders were scheduled to hold a news conference on Tuesday.
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds