DGA, RGA Release Joint Letter to Congress
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
WASHINGTON, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This morning the Chairman of the Democratic Governors Association, Governor Joe Manchin, and the Chairman of the Republican Governors Association, Governor Rick Perry, sent a joint letter to Speaker Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Reid, Senate Minority Leader McConnell, and House Minority Leader Boehner urging them to pass an economic recovery package. The full text of the letter is below. As leaders of our respective organizations, we don't always see eye to eye on policy, but we come together today with one clear purpose. We strongly urge Congress to leave partisanship at the door and pass an economic recovery package. We both believe that it's time to stand together for our country. There is a time for partisanship and there is a time for getting things done. No one likes the hand they've been dealt, and now is not the time to assign blame. It is time for Washington, D.C. to step up, be responsible and do what's in the best interest of American taxpayers and our economy. This economic crisis is not just impacting Wall Street; it is also making life harder for everyday Americans. Americans across the country and in every demographic are feeling the pinch. If Congress does not act soon, the situation will grow appreciably worse. It's time for leadership. Congress needs to act now. Paid for by the Democratic Governors Association. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. SOURCE Democratic Governors Association Brian Namey of Democratic Governors Association, +1-202-772-5620, cell: +1-202-374-0002
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits Missouri town for meetings on fatal shooting