SEC says extends short sale ban on financial stocks
(Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday said it would extend its existing short sale ban on financial stocks while Congress completes work on financial bailout legislation. The ban had been scheduled to expire on Thursday night.
* Said its short sale ban on financial stocks will now expire on the third business day after U.S. legislation is enacted, and will not be extended beyond October 17.
* Said it would also extend a short sale disclosure requirement through October 17.
* Said it would also extend a rule to curb abusive short selling through October 17.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |